1. To perpetuate the common use and enjoyment of horses and mules in America's back country and wilderness.
2. To work to ensure that public lands remain open to recreational stock use.
3. To assist the various government and private agencies in their maintenance and management of these public lands.
4. To educate, encourage, and solicit active participation in the wise use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
5. To foster and encourage the formation of new units of the organization.
Sierra FreePackers Local Service Agreement
77 Corral Meadow Fences (Need prior approval to cut trees for posts)
Kelty Meadow Campground maintenance and upkeepIn addition to the above trail work, the volunteer group is also authorized to perform work on campground maintenance and upkeep at Kelty Meadow Campground. The work may include repair and replacement of bear boxes, hitching rails, a water trough, horse pens and fences. The volunteers may assist campground host with routine duties related to the management of Granite Creek Campground.
The following 2 Forms are required for participation in any work project
Sierra Freepackers P.O.Box 64 Oakhurst, Ca. 93644
Content copyright © 2016. sierra freepackers. All rights reserved.
You must be a BCHC member in good standing to participate in rides and activities involving equine.
For additional information contact any board member regarding these activities.
BACKCOUNTRY HORSEMEN OF CALIFORNIA
SIERRA FREEPACKERS UNIT